Our trained Debt Advisers are available to provide advice and assistance to help you deal with your debt problems.
DAGCAS staff and volunteers are able to:
Review your income and expenditure.
- Discuss viable options with you.
- Provide you with the advantages and disadvantages of each option to help you make an informed choice.
- Negotiate with creditors on your behalf, where necessary.
- Assist you to apply for a Debt Payment Programme under the Debt Arrangement Scheme.
- Assist you to apply for bankruptcy or refer you to an Insolvency Practitioner, if you choose an insolvency option.
- Refer you to our In Court Advice Service if you require representation in court.
For an appointment with one of our Debt Advisers, please visit your local bureau where an adviser will carry out an initial assessment.
When you visit the bureau it is helpful if you bring the following paperwork:
- Wage slips.
- Benefits or Tax Credit Award Letters.
- Recent Bank Statements.
- Creditor or Debt Collector Letters.
- Gas/Electricity Statements.
- Mortgage Statement, if applicable.
For further information please call 0300 303 4321