We are committed to identify and remove existing and potential barriers to DAGCAS’ services being used by all the Minority Communities across the region in Dumfries and Galloway. We are based in Dumfries but provide outreach services in Stranraer, Castle Douglas and Annan.
Our service is
- Impartial, and
What we provide
We provide following services on issues related to
- Immigration Issues
- Domestic Abuse and Violence
- Housing Problems
- Employment Issues
- Welfare Benefits
- Money Matters
- Education Issues
- Legal Matters
We also aim
- To develop links and actively engage members of the Minority Communities with local support agencies and community groups.
- To raise awareness to main services available in the region to the Minority Communities.
- To remove language barrier in accessing services provided by DAGCAS by providing interpretation services.
- To improve understanding of workers’ rights and employers’ responsibilities.
- To provide opportunities for the members of the Minority Communities to volunteer with DAGCAS to be trained as Volunteer Advisers.
- See you in the bureau and make further appointments if needed
- Accept phone and email enquiries
- Offer home visits if necessary
- Take referrals from any voluntary and statutory organisation
Annan CAB Castle Douglas CAB Dumfries CAB Stranraer CAB
19a Bank Street 3 St Andrew Street 81-85 Irish Street 23 Lewis Street
Annan Castle Douglas Dumfries Stranraer
DG12 6AA DG7 1DE DG1 2PQ DG9 7AB
Time to volunteer
If you would like to train to become a Volunteer Adviser and/or Specialist in Minority Community Issues, please contact one our bureaux for further information.
What’s in it for you?
There are many reasons to consider volunteering in the CAB. Some of these are:
- training and skills development
- put your existing skills to use
- meeting people
- helping clients, helping the community
- working for change
- improving health and well being – volunteering is good for you
Project Development Worker: Sitki Nalci
0300 303 4321